Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Robo-Zine

I've wanted to try a zine for sometime, and the craftster zine swap seemed like the best way to jump in (and have a deadline to make me follow through).  Once I signed up my brain went blank and I couldn't think of a theme! Yikes.

Eventually I landed on a idea, thank the stars.  In the summer I visited my sister's cabin.  Pulling out my camera one day I wanted to do something different than the usual 'look how beautiful the lake is' photos.  Luckily I had my toy robot in the car trunk.  I took a fun series of photos of Robot enjoying all of the pleasures of Georgian Bay.  It turned out great and popular amongst my facebook friends (my gague of most things).

So for the zine I thought how about a follow up, Robot adventures around the city!

I made a photo-zine, with each page a different adventure for Robot, and a short text/caption.  Here's a small sampling.


 
 
 
 





 
 

 
 
 
 
I was thrilled that my swap partners and friends have all had a big laugh at my zine and love the Robot.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment