Monday, February 27, 2012

fishy felty

I have been spreading the good word of crafting, and in particular have started a few friends off on the needlefelting adventure recently.  One friend turned out to be a genius at the felting and love it, even organized a party one saturday afternoon in February where we pulled others into the addictive stab stab stab of needlefelting.

I took the opportunity to work on a little piece that grew out of some curly blue roving I ordered online.  It said to me 'I am water.'  So I started with a watery background.  What goes with bright blue water? A fish of course!  Little yellow and orange fish emerged from the felting fiesta afternoon.

It needed something a little more to be finished, so I decided to paint a small canvas (from the pile of craft supplies cluttering up my kitchen) orange and yellow and spackled blue.



The colours make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment